RadSoc was established in 2012 and has steadily grown in popularity since then.
- We organise lectures and workshops delivered by experienced consultants and registrars
- We aim to improve interest in radiology as a potential career
- We help students with radiology-related exam questions and OSCE skills such as plain film interpretation
Our events include:
- Cutting-edge lectures (e.g. AI in Radiology)
- Information evenings on subspecialities (e.g. Interventional Radiology)
- Crash-course revision sessions (e.g. Chest X-ray interpretation)
We continuously strive to be a friendly, useful and accessible society and look forward to seeing you at our future events.
Artificial Intelligence in Radiology: Hype of Reality
11th December, 5.30pm in J1.1
Join us to learn about the use of AI in Radiology!
Dr Shah Islam, senior neuroradiology registrar will be delivering the session.
- £1 for non-members, FREE for members
- Certificates of attendance will be provided
We will also be having our RadSoc Christmas Dinner afterwards (more details to follow). Email us if you are keen to join!
Email to RSVP: email@example.com
RadSoc Christmas Dinner
11th December, 6:30 pm at The Manor (196 Tooting High St, London SW17 0SF)
- Dinner will be taking place after our AI in Radiology talk
- Everyone is welcome, even if you haven't attended the talk or our other events and just fancy a Christmas Dinner!
If you would like to come, please fill in our Google Form with your details and dinner option and pay the deposit by 5th December.
We'd love to see you there!
Careers in Radiology
17th Oct 2018, 5-6pm, LTC
Dr Kunal Patel (ST4) will be speaking about 'Radiology as a Career' and sharing tips on applying to the specilaity.
All years welcome. Food from Pret will be provided.
Just so we have an idea of numbers, please RSVP by emailing our society account: firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday (15 Oct).
RadLads2019 Presentation at 'The Radiology Learning and Discrepancy: 2nd Annual Conference 2019'
Applications now closed.
We have an exciting presentation opportunity for you!
A Radiology SpR (former George's student) has offered the chance for 10 students to work on separate case presentations. They will have the opportunity to present these at a national radiology conference (see poster below). It will involve doing a write up/poster about a recent case discrepancy and the images will be provided.
There will also be a student prize at the conference which would look great on future applications!
If you are interested in this opportunity please fill in the following google form by 12pm on Sunday 2nd December.
Note: Members of Radiology Society get priority.
You can become a full member by emailing email@example.com (see 'Become a RadSoc Member' in the section below.
Get in Touch!
Interested in our events? Keen on learning more about Radiology? Just want to find a society to hang out with?
Drop us a message!
Mailing List: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSdMY4Ho2KaZe7Z6_T…/viewform
Facebook: SGUL Radiology Society
WhatsApp Group: Radiology Society 18/19
Current Committee (2018-2019)
President: Chantal Liu (iBSc)
Secretary: Carys Mangan (F Year)
Treasurer: Komal Javed (T Year)
Webmater: Sandy Ayoub (P Year)
Events Coorinator: Samuel Ang (F Year)
Become a RadSoc Member!
£5 Membership entitles you to:
- FREE events all year round
- Priority on workshops e.g. hands-on ultrasound workshop
- Exclusive opportunities e.g. research projects
Please purchase membership by logging in and purchasing the £5 full membership below.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any trouble with the SU site.